9 сент. 2013 г.

A call for total obedience

"Hosea and Gomer" by Cody F. Miller 
I have decided to go through the minor prophets for my quiet times, and started with Hosea.

I was astonished this morning by the call he got from the Lord, and more than that with his response.

When the Lord first spoke through Hosea, the Lord said to Hosea, “Go, take to yourself a wife of whoredom and have children of whoredom, for the land commits great whoredom by forsaking the Lord.” So he went and took Gomer, the daughter of Diblaim, and she conceived and bore him a son.
http://ref.ly/Hos1.2-3

I can't even imagine being asked to marry a harlot, a whore, a prostitute. May be instead of the one I beloved and was looking forward to marry.

Father, grant me Your grace to be as obedient to You as Hosea was, trusting You for Your best, for Your glory, be willing to sacrifice my own plans/dreams. I can't. Obey Yourself through me.

Комментариев нет: