I have learned lately a few questions which are helpful as we minister to men and help them develop as leaders.
The normal learning cycle (how adults learn)
Experience --> Reflection --> Conclusions --> Applications --> New experience --> ...
What often happens that due to various reasons Reflection is skipped, and after Experience people jump to Conclusions, and often wrong ones.
How we can help and help them reflect on their experience -- by asking good questions.
There are 5 questions to help one to Reflect on Experience:
1. What did you learn about God?
2. What did you learn about yourself?
3. What did you learn about leadership?
4. If you were in the same experience again, what would you do the same? And why?
4. If you were in the same experience again, what would you do differently? And why?
More by Tom Yeakley, http://www.
in this session on "How to develop a Disciple-making Ministry": http://turret2.
since minute 13